My problem with scripting languages

Home Forums Other Stuff Everything Else My problem with scripting languages

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bluetie 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Louise K
    Participant

I’d like to say I *know* languages, but I have a problem with learning them.

The problem is that there are a plethora of scripts and snippets out there to suit any need I can think of.

Call me lazy but, I feel like I have no use to learn how to use scripting languages to solve problems. :/ Although I *can* read them and understand everything they do, I’ve never felt the need to write anything from scratch.

The best I can think of is maybe look at someone else’s script and figure out how to do it better or differently, but I have no idea where to start.

Particularly, I think I ought to know more about JavaScript and PHP (at least of all the server side languages).

Jem
    Keymaster

See I’m the opposite. I’ve generally always found that although there are millions of scripts out there there’s often one small feature they’re missing, and that’s why I started writing my own. I’ve never been one of these people that wants to know ALL languages though. I mean, I’d like to learn python and properly get to know JavaScript but meh.. too little time :p

bluetie
    Participant

How about time and evolution ? I mean, I’ve been doing some php integrations for years now but can’t get around of learning php. It keeps evolving and I don’t have time to learn it by myself. If I can understand how WordPress mostly work but hell, I couldn’t write I plugin to save my life.

I have to make a login page for a script and well, I just can’t understand how to make the call to redirect to the admin. I’ll get around it but I guess its a easy thing to do when you know the language, I just don’t have time to learn it by myself. I’d need to go to school.

Which brings me to Code Code School anyone heard of it ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.